Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Resolution Update

To help hold myself accountable, I'm doing a weekly check-in on my Resolutions! (If you need refreshed, here are my resolutions and my January 7 update.)

A bad habit I'm going to break: Drinking soda. -- L and I shared a few sodas this weekend, but he drank more than I did, so that's OK, right? :) Still none on weekdays, which I think is a good thing.
A new skill I'd like to learn: Calligraphy! -- I went to Hobby Lobby and bought some cardstock and a new pen, but I hate the pen. I've been trying to practice nightly but was getting frustrated and emailed a friend who does calligraphy professionally and she gave me some advice I'm trying to heed this week.
A person I hope to be more like: Jackie O. -- Again, not sure how to track this progress, but I keep her in mind!
A good deed I'm going to do: I'd love to find a Girl Scout troop to get involved in. -- No research yet, but with it being Cookie Season I'm hoping I can talk to some troop leaders in person and ask!
A place I'd like to visit: Just out of the country. -- No plans yet. Still waiting to hear about deployment...
A book I'd like to read: The Bible. L and i are following this plan and, after a marathon catch-up session last week, are on track! We read along with a commentary, and usually sit down and read together after dinner. I love our time together and this is much more interesting to me than the devotional book we had been doing.
A letter I'm going to write: I'd like to participate monthly (or maybe twice a month!) in More Love Letters. -- It's on my to-do list for today!
A new food I'd like to try: Indian food -- Maybe this weekend? Any suggestions on places to try in Louisville?
I'm going to do better at: working out and eating better. You all saw how my weigh-in went last week and I think I'm doing OK so far this week. No work outs Thursday or Friday, but I ran Saturday, cross trained Sunday, and ran yesterday. I'm eating OK and have high hopes for weigh in this week.

Anyone else sticking to their resolutions?


No comments:

Post a Comment