Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Resolution Update #4

Another week down! I think (just like everyone) I'm sticking to some, and definitely need to work on others. Let's check the run down...
 
A bad habit I'm going to break: Drinking soda. -- NOPE. This one went out the window this week big time, and not just that time that Momma needed a bourbon and ginger ale...
A new skill I'd like to learn: Calligraphy! -- Still practicing away. I'm heading to Hobby Lobby this weekend with a friend and plan to pick things up to make Valentines - I'll keep you posted on how it goes!
A good deed I'm going to do: I'd love to find a Girl Scout troop to get involved in -- I researched the local branch and emailed the volunteer contact. I'm really excited about this! There are lots of different ways to get involved and I can't wait to see where I can help.
A place I'd like to visit: Just out of the country. -- Orders have officially come down, but no more news about deployment. July is a possibility, so maybe a May or June vacation is on the books, but nothing certain yet.
A book I'd like to read: The Bible. L and I are following this plan and right now we're 2 days behind. My fault - I wanted to do it before bed, and we keep forgetting, so back to dinner time it is. But, we're reading about Joseph and every time we read a chapter I sing him what I can remember of the corresponding song from "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat" (my favorite show of all time).
A letter I'm going to write: I'd like to participate monthly (or maybe twice a month!) in More Love Letters. --I technically fulfilled my minimum requirement for this last week. There aren't any more bundle requests right now, but maybe I'll stick another anonymous note somewhere...
A new food I'd like to try: Indian food -- I found some great recipes online and I'm keeping my eye on Weight Watchers website for ways to satisfy this craving at home!
I'm going to do better at: working out and eating better. I didn't do too too bad this weekend points wise, and biked yesterday. Since I'm helping to dog-sit, time this evening will be a little crunched, but I'm hoping to get a short interval workout in on the treadmill before L gets home from work.

Hopefully this weekend will help me hit "reset" and I can get back into a routine. How are your resolutions?
 

6 comments:

  1. I gave up Soda back in June and it was the best decision I ever made. I feel so much better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying! I don't drink it much to begin with, and we usually don't keep it in the house, but bought it for a party the other week. I'd glad to see it'll be worth it though.

      Delete
  2. I'm also trying to ditch the diet coke :(
    So hard!

    AJ | TheAJMinute

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? It's just my go-to when I'm stressed and need a pick me up... which is lots this time of year with work.

      Delete
  3. I really want to master calligraphy too! Have you tried La Croix? It has carbonation, but is natural flavored water. Maybe that would help kick the soda?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried La Croix - sometimes when I want something fizzy I get Perrier. But I'll have to give it a try!

      Delete