Thursday, January 09, 2014

Weigh In #1

Well, today was my first weigh in since getting back on the Weight Watchers wagon. I was nervous - there was lots of comfort food and eating in Kentucky - but I was proud of my workout efforts and was hoping it would pay off. Lucky for me, it did!

Although Weight Watchers is doing a great Simple Start program now, where you eat power foods until you're satisfied and don't track them, but I prefer to track. So, I did track the last week, but this week I might focus more on power foods instead - I still can't decide.

At weigh in, I found out that I lost 2.68% of my body weight, which puts me at 12.94% of my total weight loss goal! (And puts me 29.33% of the way to my first Lilly reward purchase!) (For the record, this is my second reward to myself, and this is the third.)

This week, I made some breakfast cookies that are 2 points each, and are the perfect amount of filling in the morning with a cup of tea and glass of water. Lunches were hit or miss, but I did treat myself to sushi yesterday - only 3 points for every 4 pieces. This Parmesan chicken was 8 points total, and last night we made this Balsamic chicken and ate it over a spinach salad with tomato, and I tracked only 6 points. And of course, bananas, clementines, carrots, and applesauce are great snacks and 0 points.

I ran Thursday, Monday, and Wednesday - earning 5 activity points for every workout. (1 point for the walking warm up and down, and 4 points for every run.) 

What tips or tricks do you have for staying healthy - eating right, healthy snacks, or workout routines?


4 comments:

  1. Ahhh I'm so happy I found your blog, what a small world!!
    My biggest tip is to have a "cheat meal" or treat at least once a week. For snacks I love kale chips, clementines, and fruit salad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there girlfriend! Thanks for the tips - do you make your own kale chips or buy them?

      Delete
  2. love that romper. i think i need to copy you and designate a "treat" for when I meet my first goal!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? I'm so obsessed with the entire resort collection it was hard to pick just a few pieces :)

      Delete