Thursday, January 02, 2014

Parmesan Chicken

Today was Day #1 of Weight Watchers (again). The first time my sister and I did it, I was very successful, but the second time I was so wrapped up in wedding stuff that I didn't dedicate myself to it the way I should have. So, here I go again! (And I plan to reward myself with some of Lilly's Resort wear along the way!)

I'm attempting to get back into running, and am working on increasing my distances by only 10% each run, and running every other day. (Bad knees.) So, I ran 2.2 whopping miles today, which earned me a handful of activity points, and I whipped up a delicious and healthy dinner for me and L tonight. I meal planned for the entire month again, and this meal was so easy - we had EVERYTHING we needed already in our pantry/fridge/freezer! I had to buy nothing - easy peasy. (We had the chicken left over from last month's meals.)


Cut the chicken in half, like a hamburger bun, and used a frying pan to pound it out until it is about 1/4 in. thick. Mix the flour, salt, and pepper in one plate, the egg and 1 tsp. water in a second plate, and the breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese in a third plate. Cover the chicken in the flour, dip it in the egg, and dredge it in the bread crumbs. I melted the butter in a frying pan and heated it with the oil, and fried the chicken for 3-4 minutes on each side on medium heat.

To top it off, I served it over a bed of spinach with lemon vinagrette.

I tossed the spinach with the 4 tsp of vinaigrette, and when I put the cooked chicken on top, it wilted just enough - it was delicious. 

And by my calculations, all of this totaled only 8 points! 

Let me know if you try it, and follow me on Pinterest to see other meals I'm planning for this month. Also, love my layout? Ask Stephanie Budd to do yours, too! Have a great day!




2 comments: