Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Resolution Update #3

To help hold myself accountable, I'm doing a weekly check-in on my Resolutions! (If you need refreshed, here are my resolutions, my January 7 update, and my January 14 update. Maybe I'll add a tab at the top soon to keep from putting 52 hyperlinks in a post...)
A bad habit I'm going to break: Drinking soda. -- I don't think I've had a soda since my last post... if I did, I honestly don't even remember it, so go me? Although there is a 2 liter of Ginger Ale in the fridge I'd love to sip on...
A new skill I'd like to learn: Calligraphy! -- I'm keeping at it, but am becoming frustrated that it isn't getting much easier. I'm practicing as much as I can, but I'm beginning to think I just don't have a knack for it. But, I'll forge on - I can't give up that easy!
A good deed I'm going to do: I'd love to find a Girl Scout troop to get involved in -- Still no research. Soon! I swear!
A place I'd like to visit: Just out of the country. -- No plans yet. Still waiting for L to get his orders so we know what the deployment schedule is like. But this month, Garden and Gun did an awesome write-up on St. Lucia's Hotel Chocolat that had me wishing...
A book I'd like to read: The Bible. L and I are following this plan and we are on track! We slacked off a bit and had to read 10 chapters of Genesis last night, but again, I love this time together. The commentary adds great insight and I love the discussions it sparks with L.
A letter I'm going to write: I'd like to participate monthly (or maybe twice a month!) in More Love Letters. --They aren't doing any letter bundles right now, so I decided to do an anonymous one. I just jotted it down and stuck it on a strangers car - I hope it brightened their day!
A new food I'd like to try: Indian food -- Oh my goodness, how did I wait so long to try Indian food?! It's my new favorite! I'm counting down the days til we can try it again.
I'm going to do better at: working out and eating better. I had a bad week with Weight Watchers last week, but I'm back on the horse. I'm trying to keep portions in control and workout when I can, although work is very busy at the moment and stress levels are through the roof.
Anyone else sticking to their resolutions?
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment