Monday, January 06, 2014

Weekend Wrap-Up

Well, L and I just got back from ANOTHER road trip - thank goodness I'm not traveling for work for two more weeks. I'm just sick of the car! This weekend we traveled to Ashland, KY where we laid to rest my Grandfather.





Here we are at his 60th birthday, 16 years ago. (I'm second from the left. My little sister is the one so excited for the cake next to me.) He passed in a car accident in early August but we had his memorial service this past weekend. It was so nice to gather friends and family together again to say goodbye to our Papaw. 

Here is a photo of us now:


We have a big thing in our family of big sister vs. little sister - it appears many of us come in pairs, so we always divide in photos. Here are the little sisters - my sister, my cousin B, and my Aunt J - at dinner later that night:


Last weekend we were still in Virginia, at the wedding for one of L's best friends from home/college. Here is a photo of L and all of his roommates at "The Weezy" - the house where he lived, and we met. It was always the go to house for viewing parties, get togethers, and cook outs, and will be one of my favorite places ever for a long time.


And even though I was still off work last week, I rung in the New Year in a very low key way - with steak, mac and cheese, Pinot Grigio, and Duke Football. (If only they had won!) 




I'm back at work this week and have lots of things on deck - hope everyone has a great Monday!


4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a perfectly relaxing NYE! So glad yall were all able to get together and honor your grandfather's life. I'm sure he was smiling down from Heaven :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We rang in the New Year very similarly! A nice cabernet, quesidillas, and Carson Daily ha. It was my first time not doing anything too crazy and I actually enjoyed it very much. As much as I love finding an excuse to wear a sparkily dress I may just leave those types of occasions for my birthday from now on.

    xx,
    jen

    http://www.comfortably-chic.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, sometimes sweat pants > sparkly dress, and slippers > high heels. But only sometimes!

      Delete