Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Resolutions

How did we ever make New Years Resolutions before Pinterest? :) I was browsing last week and saw this great picture and thought it would be a great spring board for my resolutions for this upcoming year. (And yes, I know I've already done a small goal post - I have a feeling I'm going to make too many resolutions for this year - but hey, I like to see it as hedging my bets - the more I make, the more likely I keep at least a few of them!)





A bad habit I'm going to break: Drinking soda. I don't drink it often, but Diet Coke is a go-to comfort drink for me, and I'd like to stop drinking soda again. (I'd also like to limit coffee, but that magic elixir is hard to kick.)

A new skill I'd like to learn: Calligraphy! My sister AND husband got me this kit and I used it some over break but can't wait to master it. I'd love to be able to make my own stationary and prints (for myself AND gifts!)

A person I hope to be more like: Jackie O. - my husband and I listened to "These Few Precious Days" on the way home from Virginia and listening to her perpetual grace, wit, and warmth makes me want to be more like her.

A good deed I'm going to do: I'd love to find a Girl Scout troop to get involved in. The Scouts had such an impact on me when I was growing up (I went ALL the way through - kindergarten to senior year!) and I'd love to help shape another girls life and help a troop out.

A place I'd like to visit: Just out of the country. L and I are looking at a belated honeymoon in Canada or flying south to a beach resort but either way, I'd love to get my first stamp in my passport.

A book I'd like to read: The Bible. Growing up in church, I've of course read passages over the years, but I'd love to find a study that would help me navigate the entire Bible over the course of this year.

A letter I'm going to write: I'd like to participate monthly (or maybe twice a month!) in More Love Letters. The College Prepster wrote about this a few weeks ago and I think it's a great idea and would like to send some letters of my own. (Maybe on my own stationary that I calligraphy'd!)

A new food I'd like to try: This I'm just not sure about. I like to think I'm pretty adventurous with my food - and not very picky - and don't live in an area with a very diverse food offering, but I would like to eat more Indian food. 

I'm going to do better at: working out and eating better. L and I worked out yesterday, plan to do so again today, and I'm planning on joining Weight Watchers again tomorrow. In addition to wanting to look a little better, my health really is a factor. I didn't hit the genetic jackpot, and if I don't start taking care of myself now, it could mean bad news down the road.

What resolutions are you making?




2 comments:

  1. Great resolutions!! Pinterest has been really helpful this year. Especially in creating a 2014 inspiration board!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw your post about your Inspiration board - Isn't Pinterest the best?

      Delete