Friday, January 31, 2014

5 on Friday

I hope everyone has some big plans this weekend. This is the first weekend in 3 week we're actually staying in town, so there is some lazy time scheduled, but also some cleaning and a hefty to-do list for L. Here are are some thoughts before signing off for the weekend!

1. I am going to start selling Stella & Dot!

 I'm so excited about getting started with this. A friend from home looped me into it, and we all know I'm up for a challenge, so wish me luck! (And let me know if you see anything you want to purchase!)
2. Super Bowl Snacks
We're going to a party on Sunday with a bunch of other Army friends and I've decided to make some meat and cheese crescent pinwheels (if I can get 32 pinwheels out of it, and use turkey instead of ham, they should be 1 WW P+ each) and some avocado, salsa, and cream cheese puff pastries (I think these will be 4 WW P+ each, but totally worth it).

3. Homemade Creamer
As a TGIF gift to myself, I decided to try home making some coffee creamer this morning. I had gotten away from drinking coffee since I take it with cream and sugar, and it's too many points (and have been drinking black tea plain instead). But this morning, my 5 o'clock wake up needed extra incentive.  I didn't need such a big batch, so I used equal parts milk and sweetened condensed milk (1/2 c. each for this morning) with a splash of vanilla extract. I shook it up in an old jelly jar, and because it foamed a little from the shaking, it gave my coffee a latte-y taste. Yum yum yum!

4. Honey-Do List
I mentioned our honey-do list for this weekend - I wanted to give you a peek at what I have in mind for our apartment. I think we decided last night just to stay put when our lease is up, which means I'm 100% ready to make this place look even more like home. 
We used window panes as our seating chart at the wedding and saved the two smaller ones and I'd love to use them as a headboard! So this weekend, they're getting hung! (As soon as I get that paint marker off of them!!!)

I'm also ready to take on our laundry room! It's a laundry room/pantry right now, so it has to multi-task, but is in dire need of organizing. There is some great shelving above it, so I'm thinking something like this:


Between these two things and a deep cleaning of the bathroom and the search for new blankets for the bedroom, it'll be a full weekend!

5. New Friends!
Since L has gone down to his unit, he's been working closer with some new guys, which means more new friends! I think we're going to double date tomorrow night, and I'm so excited to make (more) new friends!

I hope you all have a great weekend!


4 comments: