Tuesday, January 07, 2014

Jan. 7 - Resolution Update

As a reminder, here is my post with some of my resolutions for this year. I thought, since we're officially 1 week into the new year, that I'd check back in and see how I'm doing on some!

A bad habit I'm going to break: Drinking soda. -- I'm actually doing pretty good on this! I did have some Diet Coke over the weekend, but am working hard to drink 100 oz of water every day, so I don't feel as guilty when I have one or two sodas.
A new skill I'd like to learn: Calligraphy! -- I've been practicing when I can, but don't really like the nib that came in my kit. I'm contemplating going to Hobby Lobby and getting a calligraphy pen (and some more fun colors) and working on it more.
A person I hope to be more like: Jackie O. -- I'm not sure how to track progress on this, but I'd like to think this past weekend that I was a gracious as she was during the hard times in her life.
A good deed I'm going to do: I'd love to find a Girl Scout troop to get involved in. -- I haven't even begun researching this, but this post is a good reminder to do so!
A place I'd like to visit: Just out of the country. -- Still no planning for this yet. We'll have a better idea on Jan. 15 if L is going to deploy this year, and that dictates a lot...
A book I'd like to read: The Bible. I planned on following this plan and haven't even begun - maybe that will be my lunch time task today.
A letter I'm going to write: I'd like to participate monthly (or maybe twice a month!) in More Love Letters. Haven't done this yet, but again, maybe I'll knock it out today!
A new food I'd like to try: Indian food. Haven't done this yet, mostly because L and I eat in almost every night, but I'll keep you posted.
I'm going to do better at: working out and eating better. I re-joined WW last week and am doing well! (This weekend was bad - funerals in the south mean lots of southern comfort food, which are 1,000,000 points.) I've also done well working out - I've been running consistently, increasing my distance by 10% each time, and I'm up to 2.42 miles, with 2.64 on deck for tomorrow! My first weigh-in is Thursday - I'll keep you posted on how it goes!

How are everyone else's resolutions comings?


5 comments:

  1. A resolution check-in, that's a good idea! A good way to keep yourself accountable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to get back to running (more like jogging for me) myself..it's just so hard to stay motivated when it's cold outside! I gave up sodas last year and have been really happy with the change-- I occassionally indulge in a cocktail with Sprite, but that's it. Coke was always my thing and I don't even like the taste anymore!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I get that way with Diet Coke! (Or Ale 8 - it's my favorite and only sold in Kentucky, which is a 15 minute drive for me. So tempting!) And trust me - I'm more of a jogger, too. No wind sprints here!

      Delete
  3. I just came across your blog and as soon as I saw the Lily Pulitzer print I knew I would love it! These are great resolutions and I highly recommend Indian food because it is delicious. Excited to be a new follower!
    XO,
    http://www.sororitygirlintherealworld.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet! Thank you so much! I love your blog too - already followed you! Any specific recommendations for Indian food?

      Delete