Monday, June 02, 2014

Weekend Wrap-Up

I hope everyone had a great weekend! L and I kicked off Friday with some Sweetwater Brew and some homemade pizza. We decided to have a "Band of Brothers" Marathon, since my husband is in the famous 2-506 (and is a Platoon Leader in Easy Company - talk about big shoes to fill.) Saturday, however, was a big day!

It started off with a 4 mile run with Loola at the Greenway (L went for a run with another Platoon Leader at a faster pace) then back to the apartment for some sun tanning with some friends. Then we packed up and went to a birthday party - and let me tell you, 1 year olds know how to party.
Then we met friends up at MB Rolland Distillery for a tour and tasting - it was so much fun! We probably tried a dozen whiskeys, from good 'ole Kentucky Moonshine to flavored whiskeys that went down way too easy. L's favorite was the Black Patch Whiskey, while I came home with some of the Kentucky Pink Lemonade. But really, you couldn't go wrong. It was all delicious.
Then we grabbed dinner at Cloud 9 - an excellent dinner to top off the best day. I got the grilled cheese - yum! - while L got the white cheddar mac and cheese with grilled chicken. 

Yesterday was the kick off of Allie and my's June Photo Challenge #oddsareIam. I decided to share my brunch date with my old roommate E in Nashville at the Stone Fox. (Again, another delicious choice.)
Here is what other participants were up to yesterday:
Caroline spent her day by the pool - not a bad idea! 
Claire - a fellow Army wife and Sweet Briar alumna - is gearing up for her husband's return from deployment by sprucing up their home.
Laurel - another Sweet Briar alumna - spent time fishing out of her kayak. 

Don't forget to participate every odd day in the month of June and check out the hashtag #oddsareiam to see what others are up to and to gain inspiration!

Happy Monday!








5 comments:

  1. Aww love this! Glad you had a wonderful weekend! Love your dress, and so cool you got to catch up with E! Happy Monday, Friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And I got that dress at Target a few years ago on sale, but just got another maxi dress just like it here: http://piperlime.gap.com/browse/product.do?pid=128362002&tid=plsp1r&kwid=1&ap=14

      Delete
  2. ah! June 1st creeped up on my girl! I will be ready to participate tomorrow! promise! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that black dress you are wearing! So cute!

    ReplyDelete