Tuesday, June 10, 2014

1st Anniversary Shoot

My first anniversary is coming up in August - and for this moment, L will be home to celebrate it with me. (But Uncle Sam could change his mind any day.) L and I liked our engagement and wedding photos, but living in a blogging and Pinterest world, there are always more photos I want to take. Lucky for me, our friends had the most beautiful newborn photos done for their son, and the photographer does great family portraits as well.

So, I'll be spending the next two months trying to plan outfits and locations that are significant to our lives here in Tennessee and gathering Pin-spiration. Here are some of my favorites right now:
I have a huge girl/style crush on Mrs KP - I've been following her on Instagram and Tumblr for a while, and her first anniversary shoot was nothing short of perfection. I mean - how cute are they?
I love Nicole's blog (she is such an inspiration and role model when it comes to balancing your faith and life itself) and she shared this one sneak peak from her first anniversary shoot on her instagram. Look how utterly happy they are, and it looks like they wore their wedding dress/suit (or something very similar.)
(This photo is from Pinterest and the click-thru link was broken - if you know the source, please let me know so I can properly recognize them!)
I love the idea of documenting our first home - especially if I'll have time to get us all settled and fixed up beforehand. I think it's a beautiful way of capturing where we were - literally and figuratively - at the time of our first anniversary.

Did you do a first anniversary shoot? Any places I should be looking for inspiration?

There were several beautiful #oddsareIam photos from yesterday - don't forget to participate tomorrow!

Happy Tuesday!



5 comments:

  1. Nicole's photography is the best isn't it? I'm doing a lifestyle/blog shoot with her when she comes up to NYC in July...and I'm already thinking about outfits, oops!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't blame you - it'll be here before you know it! You going to go classic preppy or maybe infuse some of that New York City style into your clothes? Either way, you can't go wrong, Miss Rebecca :)

      Delete
  2. I love love love Nicole's shoot! So excited to celebrate our one year in September!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet it'll be so nice to have him home for your anniversary! And think of all the choices you'll have for dinner!

      Delete
  3. We didn't do a first anniversary shoot, we are 6 years in already and it may never happen haha.

    ReplyDelete