Monday, June 23, 2014

Monogram Wish List


Growing up in the south and attending a small, preppy, and very southern college has made my monogram habit almost questionable. Even folks here make comments about "Wow, everything you own really is monogrammed! Fleece and puffy vests, button ups, dresses, blankets, business card holders, bedding... you name it. However, nothing quite prepared me for monogramming possibilities before Pinterest. (Lucky for me, I have a friend here in town who owns her OWN monogram machine and has volunteered to feed my habit.) Here are the top items on my monogram wishlist:
These linen dinner napkins designed by Grace Hayes are beautiful. I love the monogram - so different than what is typically used. Not to mention I love the royal blue. (It's the Duke Blue Devil in me. What can I say?) These are a little out of my price range right now, but I bet with some searching I could find some nicer fabrics and get them monogrammed myself.
This seersucker monogrammed pillow was a huge source of inspiration for me! I have some old Lilly skirts I found at a Goodwill 5 years ago ($3 each!) that will never, ever, fit me. So, I want to re-purpose them. I'm thinking taking them apart and re-using the fabric for pillows, most likely for the guest bedroom. 
These pajama shorts are so reasonably priced, they would be worth the indulgence. But, I also have 3 pairs of J Crew pajamas lying around from various warehouse sales that are begging for monograms... we'll have to see!
OK, stop it. Monogrammed converse? I'm pretty sure 8th grade punk wanna be me (circa 2002) had a sit down with present day preppy me and dreamt this up as some grand compromise... and I need a pair immediately.
Stella & Dot has just launched their engravables and I'm obsessed. I just got mine in today (I opted for a gold bar with my wedding date on it) but there are infinite good ideas floating around from monograms to hashtags to zip codes. Be sure to contact me if you'd like to order yours! They made fabulous gifts and process and ship as quickly as a normal order. (I ordered mine last Wednesday and it arrived this morning!)

Are you as addicted to monograms as me? What is your favorite thing to customize?




4 comments:

  1. I love the pillow! Super cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it? The perfect little touch of personalization in any room.

      Delete
  2. I love-no I'm obsessed -with that pillow. If I ever have a little girl that's going to be one of my first buys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I can't wait to monogram everything when we have little ones!

      Delete