Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Happy Wife, Happy Life

Y'all, I am the luckiest girl in the entire world. I managed to find a terrifically awesome guy - then convinced him to marry me. (What?!) Then, he provided me with a beautiful home, the furnishings my heart desires, and the worlds cutest dog. (See the evidence below.)
The move could NOT have gone smoother -- my dear dear friends T and M helped me get about 75% of the work done on Thursday, and with the help of a few others, we were able to load up and unload at the new house in 1 hour on Friday! So, the rest of the day was spent cleaning the apartment for our walk thru and unpacking at the new house.

Saturday, however, was spent unwinding from a crazy 48 hours. First, a Crawfish Boil at the CO's house!
It had been a while since I had eaten a crawdad that wasn't fried, and I was pleasantly surprised! Our CO is from Texas with family in Louisiana -- so I should've known he had a grip on how to do it best. I couldn't stood at this table for hours, talking and eating. But, we had a Cookout Club meeting to get to!

Our group of friends here decided to do a cookout together the second Saturday of every month. We created a closed Facebook group so we can add folks as our group of friends gets bigger, and take turns hosting. If you're in town, great! If you're out of town, we'll miss you, but with a fixed date it gets easier to plan around. Our friends on post hosted this month and we had a blast! Plus, look how pretty my friends were in the beautiful Tennessee sunset. (Two of them are even rocking some of their Stella & Dot!)

Sunday we tried a new church, and unpacked more. And yesterday, I convinced my wonderful husband to let me try my first Pinterest inspired home improvement project. More to come on that!!

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! 




6 comments:

  1. Aww yay! So glad the move went well! Can't wait to see pics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As soon as things get a little more presentable there will be many photos! :)

      Delete
  2. I am so glad that the move went well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. It is so fun. Everyone gets as chance to host, everyone contributes - always a blast.

      Delete