Friday, May 30, 2014

Five on Friday

TGIF! I hope everyone has big plans for an exciting but relaxing weekend and is gearing up for the launch of Allie and I's photo challenge #oddsareiam! Here is what is on my radar going into this weekend.

1. Hail and Farewell - last night we had a Hail and Farewell - my first as an Army wife! A Hail and Farewell is a time to say goodbye to those transitioning into new assignments and hello to those joining the unit. Some companies coordinate outfits (last night, Whiskey company all wore their "Canadian Tuxedos" - or all denim outfits) but usually the guys are just happy to be in civilian clothes. I decided to obey the adage "it's better to be over-dressed than under-dressed" and below is my outfit.
Hail and Farewell

Hail and Farewell by catherine-gumpman featuring wedge shoes
Dress - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5

2. Whiskey Distillery Tour and Tasting - we're heading up to the MB Rolland Distillery a few miles up the road tomorrow for a tasting and tour followed by dinner. Who doesn't love a good old fashioned double date?

3. Stella & Dot Show - It isn't too late to place your order for my fundraising Stella & Dot show. I'm donating 100% of my commission to my dear friend's trip to Mumbai, so please shop away! All orders begin processing immediately and ship directly to you. Let me know if you have any questions!

4. Juicing - I finally invested in a juicer this week (rather than inviting myself over to a friend's house to use and abuse hers...) and have been juicing like crazy! My favorites so far? In the morning I have apple, pear, lemon, celery, cucumber, and ginger. And my mid-afternoon pick me up is grapefruit, pear, and ginger. Yum! I'm hoping to pick up some fresh produce at the farmers market tomorrow to stock up for next week.

5. Packing, organizing, and moving! With our move-in day right around the corner, and us gone next weekend, I need to keep on with my packing and organizing. It's never the easiest task, and it's taking all of my motivation to keep from getting burnt out, so wish me luck!

I hope you all have a great weekend. Can't wait to see your #oddsareiam photos on Sunday!




4 comments:

  1. So glad you got to experience your first Hail and Farewell! It is amazing how different they can be for each unit. For our current unit they are a lot more laid back which I love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw yay for your first Hail & Farewell! I still haven't experienced one yet! I loved your outfit. Have a wonderful weekend! We need to catch up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love juicing! So much my machine broke! :( I have yet to buy a new one! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made this exact juice last week and it was pretty good! I really want to take Brian on a distillery tour; I know he’d love it!

    ReplyDelete