Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Living Room Plans

As of this morning, the security deposit is paid, and our perfect rental house is OURS! (Here's to no more moving until we PCS again - I'm ready to settle on in!) I did a post a few weeks ago about our dream house decorations in the abstract, but now that we have an actual space to work with, my mind is going 1,000,000 mph. 

Right now, this is what the living room looks like (of course, the current renters will be taking their furniture...)



Now, I love the tray ceiling, the flooring, all of that natural light, and the ceiling fan, but that green has GOT to go. So, our number one task is to PAINT. The thing is, I haven't had the freedom to paint a room since the summer of 2007 (when I opted for a hot pink... whoops...) and the options are overwhelming. Here is what our current living room is like:
The layout of our apartment means the "dining room" and "sun room" run into the living room, which has made it hard to define a specific theme - although I'd stayed pretty safe and selected more neutral colors with the pop of teal on the lamps. Here is what I'm thinking for paint colors:
Gray. I'm intrigued by the gray on the walls, and think it would be something different without being too drastic. (And of course, staying neutral, as required.) I think it'd look nice against the lamps, but, I'm not sure how it would look against the tan couch or the brown tv stand.
Seafoam. I love the hint of green and blues in this color, and I think it would compliment the lamps while playing nicely with the more neutral items in the room. It's subtle, and yet it's not something you see every day. 
Yellow. The yellow would make the room feel sun-shiny every single day, which makes me so happy to think about. I know the yellow will match the lamps, but I'm worried it would be too matchy-matchy with the sofa. 

What are your thoughts? Any other recommendations I should consider?






No comments:

Post a Comment