Monday, May 05, 2014

Derby Weekend

Did you celebrate the Kentucky Derby this weekend? We sure did! As if I needed an excuse to break out my Lilly, play some cornhole, and be social with friends.

Our party was pot-luck style - and I decided to make my family's famous Pimento Cheese!
My favorite ways to enjoy pimento cheese? Wheat thins are an obvious choice, but I also love it on a BLT, or even with some scrambled eggs! Want to kick it up another notch? Try adding some Cayenne Pepper or Siracha to the mix as well!

I also made The Pioneer Woman's Chocolate Silk Pie. I bought a pre-made crust, but this pie was perfection - I was very proud of myself! We had so much fun - as you can tell from the photos below.
Me and that handsome man of mine! I found when your alma mater's school colors are pink and green, it tends to rub off on your husband. Also, how Sweet Briar is that "She's a Fox" print? 
 All the beautiful ladies!
 With our handsome men, and some pups! (Scout is the puppy on the far left - he stole the show! And Max and Maya are patiently posing by R and T in the middle.)
Everyone loves a candid when the photographer makes you laugh!

We also each chipped in $5, drew 2 names of horses out of a hat, and broke down the winnings. (1st place, $30, 2nd place, $15, 3rd place, $5.) And lucky me - I drew the winner! Yay, California Chrome!
Hope everyone had a great weekend! 

4 comments:

  1. These photos are beautiful! What a fun weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It was quite fun. We're already planning the next get together.

      Delete
  2. You all look so great! What good school colors, talk about an easy color to add to your wardobe haha!
    www.amemoryofus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are the best school colors - I own more pink and green than any girl should :)

      Delete