Thursday, May 15, 2014

Perfect BackYard

Last night, L and I toured the perfect first rental house. We applied for it this morning - so please keep your fingers crossed for a June 13 move date! 

The first two houses we toured had overgrown lawns, were empty, and it was hard for us to imagine ourselves there. Plus, it's hard to justify all the TLC when you won't get any equity back on your hard work. We just would rather get a rental that was move-in ready. And boy did we find it! The biggest thing that caught my eye? When we pulled up the yard was freshly mowed. There is NOTHING like a freshly mowed lawn.

I know I recently did a post on our dream house decorations, but now that I have a better idea of what we'd be working with, I thought I'd do a more specific breakdown. Starting with that beautiful yard!
First off, a good lawn mower is a must. (Am I the only one that finds mowing the lawn a little therapeutic?) A fire pit will make it easy to enjoy late nights outside and maybe roasting a marshmallow (or two...) I love gliders, so one for the porch is a must. Perfect for a glass of wine at the end of the day, or a cup of coffee in the morning. And right under it? This outdoor rug from Target - a soft blue is a great compliment to the coral on the glider. I'd prefer to put in a picnic table in the backyard to enjoy dinner. (The porch is a little on the small side, so why not use some of the yard?)

Other projects on my mind?
This pallet bar. I've been hesitant to jump on the pallet band wagon (mostly because I'm being hipster about it and am claiming I had a love affair with pallets before everyone else, starting with my summer working for Appalachia Service Project), but this is too cute. Small, easy to tuck away, and convenient.

This side table is too perfect - it's things like these that make me wonder why someone didn't come up with this ages ago!

Any other ideas I should incorporate? Comment below with your Pinterest name so I can see your inspiration! (And follow me while you're at it!)


2 comments: