Tuesday, May 27, 2014

#MDW2014

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. L and I made the trek up to upstate Indiana to visit his family - a trip that was long overdue. (We hadn't been up there since our Open House Wedding Reception in September!) We left bright and early Friday morning (my family is a big fan of leaving at the crack of dawn and getting there that much earlier) and were able to enjoy three days with my wonderful in-laws.

The weekend kicked off with us giving my sister-in-law the second half of her graduation present, and my father-in-law his early Father's Day present. 
My in-laws are huge Cubs fans, so we got them tickets to a Cubs/Pirates game and their train fare into Chicago. I found this white tub at Target in the Dollar Spot and used sharpies we had at home to add the Cubs logo. (Not the BEST artistic depiction, but I am no artist, so I was very proud of myself.) In addition to the tickets and train fare, I added other baseball staples: sunflower seeds, peanuts, and although I couldn't find Cracker Jacks, I added some toffee popcorn. 

The rest of the weekend was amazing - relaxing, filled with delicious food, and seeing many friendly faces. We got dinner up in Michigan at Fat Cam's (Holy Shrimp and Grits), shopped the antique stores in Shipshewana, saw the South Bend SilverHawks win a baseball game, and tested my sister-in-law's new hammock. 





I hope you enjoyed your weekend as well! Stay tuned for an exciting announcement later this week!

2 comments: