Monday, May 19, 2014

Funemployment: Day 13

The job search continues, although having last week relatively free to catch up on chores and training was very nice. I plan on being as efficient and responsible as I can this week, while continuing to send out applications.

I received two "thanks but no thanks" this weekend from two of the jobs I had applied to, and I have to say they are a little discouraging. I am a competent, responsible, hard-working person. Why wouldn't they want to hire me? However, I have to remember how many factors come into play when hiring an individual for a job opening, and I have to move onto the next opportunity. 

This weekend I met a new friend who mentioned someone in her office is interested in hiring a part-time administrative assistant. So, my first task this morning? Polishing my resume (again) and sending it off to a potential employer! I'll also maintain my goal of submitting one job application today - which I've been doing consistently for the last few weeks.

However, no matter what happens, I am so grateful I have a family and friends network who are supportive of me and help me to see that "que sera sera."

Any tips for my job search? What tricks have worked for you in the past to nab an interview or gain the attention of an employer?


2 comments:

  1. something PERFECT will come along soon...I just know it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will find the perfect position! I just know it.

    ReplyDelete