Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Funemployment: Day 7

Leaving my job last week was a tremendous struggle for me. I've been struggling with a lot of unresolved questions and simply letting go - it's hard to do something for four years and just turn it off one day. I'm finally back home from my trip to Tennessee and am full speed ahead to what is next. 

For my flight back, I bought this goody and read over half of it on my way home last night:
It has been such an inspiration for me already. Even though these women are from every line of work you could think of, every race, sexual orientation, and I found myself relating to every story. To see that these women failed at jobs, failed as tasks, that what they wanted to do didn't work out - it's given me a whole new hope for my next step.

Today I had Treasurer and Point of Contact training for my Family Readiness Group which will both be great additions to my resume. After talking to an alumna who has done consulting in the past, I have reached out to some contacts in the community about advising students with their college search this summer. And I've been in touch with a staffing agency to set up an appointment later this week. 

There is no time to dawdle - although laying by the pool would be nice :) And my blog is no exception - I have some exciting news coming up so stay tuned!


4 comments:

  1. I have a hard time doing nothing too! FRG is keeping me insanely busy which I'm okay with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I've been so lucky - my FRG is full of great women and we're full steam ahead with projects and events til the guys leave for JRTC this summer.

      Delete
  2. Cheers for FRG!!! Love it ! Found your blog from Cherries on the Hill!! Welcome to TN!!

    ReplyDelete