Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Dream House Decorations

I know I said a while ago that L and I were planning on staying put, but the chance to get more square footage for the same rent was too tempting. (Especially with as much as I like to play hostess - our apartment just isn't built for it.) So we're hunting for rental houses now and working with a great realtor, and I can't wait to get one more clean slate.

Of course we'll be re-working items we have now (especially with my pending unemployment) and do our best to visit yard and estate sales for good deals on supplemental furniture, but given my druthers, I'd instantly turn our home into these dream rooms.

Living Room
This room is so perfect to me - pops of color, but not overwhelming. Bright, open, and looks fancy and put together, but casual and comfortable at the same time. (Plus, I love that tangerine color - and it goes perfectly with all the navy blue I've acquired over the years.)

Guest Bedroom(s)
These cool colors make things feel crisp and clean - which is perfect for a guest room. These headboards are beautiful compliments to the other decor, and I love the studded chest in the second photo.

Kitchen
   Source
I'm not usually a bright and shiny type of gal, but this little bit of glam in the kitchen, softened by the blue back-splash, is perfection. Along with the open shelving, I'm in love.

Outside

Source: Unknown - bad Pinterest link
I love spending time outdoors and covered areas make it even more enjoyable. I love this patio space that is nice enough to entertain and relax.

Be sure to follow me on Pinterest for all my dream decorations!

2 comments:

  1. These rooms all look so relaxing! I do love that kitchen picture too! How fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Now, if only I had that bottomless budget...

      Delete