Wednesday, July 02, 2014

Fit July

My sister and I were talking the other day about how we've gotten into a funk with our food and exercise habits. (Although, she works out much more frequently than I do.) So, we decided to hold each other accountable, provide moral support, and give each other meal tips. 

She is picking workouts on the odd days, I'm picking on the even days. We're checking in with each other with our weight and sharing recipes and juicing ideas. Yesterday, we did this little routine:

I am s-o-r-e today, but am so proud of us for getting it done. Today was my day to pick, and I decided we'd go on a quick 3 mile run. As a matter of fact, I'm hoping to get mine in as soon as this post goes live! 

As far as food, we're both doing our best to juice 2 times a day, and keeping meals healthy and portions small. On our menu this week is salmon, tilapia, and a few chicken recipes. 

What are you trying in July to get healthier? Any tips for us?
Follow on Bloglovin

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! If you can go for your long runs in the desert, I can surly fit in a 30 min workout here :)

      Delete
  2. looks like a great workout. I did 100 squats at 80 lbs at crossfit yesterday so I am DYING.


    ...also, my new favorite breakfast is the lean cuisine breakfast sandwiches, very filling and satisfying and the "worst one" is only 240 calories!.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yum! I'll have to keep that in mind! I've been trying to make big fruit bowls to eat with my juice.

      Delete
  3. Such a great idea! Being held accountable is tough, but so good! I'm hoping I can get linked in with some type of workout crowd when we head to Northern VA. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you'll have lots of folks to join up with. NOVA is so much bigger than little ole Clarksville :)

      Delete