Wednesday, July 30, 2014

My Other Half

Now, y'all, I love my husband. Like, I'm borderline obsessed with him. I have no doubt in my mind that he is my soul mate - and a saint because he puts up with me day in and day out. But, he's not my other half. No. I met my other half a little over 25 years ago when my little sister was born.
B and I are only 18 months apart and have been inseparable for our entire lives (well, except for like, 1 year in high school - we don't talk about it). Back home, we're just "The Gumpman Sisters" and everyone knows we're a package set. Sometimes we wonder if we're the same person - but then we remember that B likes ketchup with her hashbrowns and I hate ketchup with a passion.
We were roommates after we both graduated college, she is my partner in crime, the best maid of honor ever (no, seriously - you should've heard her speech. It was perfection.), and my other half. And 1 week from today she'll be HERE! What's on the docket? Well, according to the itinerary I drew up we'll...
...get dinner, drinks, and play trivia at the Alley
...have a Cookout Club luau!
...take a Tour de Clarksville kayak adventure
Plus we have so many delicious dishes on the menu - including but not limited to bee stings, copycat Noodles & Co. Indonesian Peanut Saute, baked pasta with spinach and ricotta, and all of our guilty pleasure snacks like spinach dip, Harry & Larry, and salsa and guac.
I'll leave you with this precious video of a little girl who just doesn't want her little brother to grow up. Because siblings are adorable and I can't wait for mine to get here.
Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment: