Friday, July 18, 2014

5 on Friday

Hello, everyone! I hope you are excited for your weekend. Here is what I have on my radar going into the weekend:
1. My tissue paper tassel garland - I love the way my little garland came out. I am not 100% in love with how it's hung on the window pane, but I may keep playing around with it. The teal paper matches the bar and our lamps perfectly, and the yellow is a great compliment. It was so easy to make as well - everyone should have one of these in their home. 
2. Sewing Machine - My Mom bought me this as a surprise - I am so excited. Plus, my friend CJ are I are having a "sew-down" tomorrow. (My friend KPB is expecting her first in November so of course I need to sew all the things for little baby ADB.) Like this, or this, or this!
3. Dinner - Since CJ is sponsoring my sew-down, and holding my hand while I re-acquaint myself with a sewing machine (home ec was about 12 years ago, cut me a break...), I am whipping up dinner. As much as I'd love to cook, I've been craving a light and fresh pasta salad recently. So, I'm thinking about trying this tortellini caprese salad. Yum!
4. Stella & Dot Fall Line - I get to start sampling the fall line today and need to beef up my display badly. How can you not want all of this? As soon as they're available for order I'll post link up here, I promise. You'll want to snatch up these goodies ASAP, trust me.
5. Furniture Thrifting - I envisioned his and hers matching desks in our office. I had been looking around but realized I wasn't going to thrift matching desks. Lucky for me, these perfect desks were at Target for only $50! It made is easier on my wallet to pick up two, and allowed me to do the great furniture shuffle. Try to follow me here - setting up my desk, meant I didn't have to use my old vanity for a desk anymore. I moved the vanity to the living room, and replaced one of the side tables. That freed up the side tables to be used as nightstands in the bedroom (another item I wanted matching which makes them much harder to thrift.) Now, I just have to find 1 side table for the living room rather than 2 nightstands for the bedroom. 

Confused yet? I promise to do a home tour as things come together a little more in the next few weeks.

Have a wonderful weekend - see you all on Monday!

Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment: