Wednesday, July 09, 2014

Wish List Wednesday

As you all know, I am decorating our new home on a serious budget. With my fun-employment, we need to live on one income. I have some hefty student debt (thanks, 2006 me, for being too lazy to apply to more scholarships), and we work hard to save money every single month, which means less disposable income. But, it is easy to make your house a home without spending an arm and a leg - you just have to know where to look! Here are some of my top picks for our new home - all totaling less than $100!

Wish List Wednesday

Wish List Wednesday by catherine-gumpman featuring turquoise curtains

There is a great Groupon right now for canvas prints - a 16x20" print for only $29.99! The print I want to get for above the TV?
One of my favorites from the wedding.

I'd love this tissue paper garland for above our bar - but may think about making my own. How cute are those elephant curtains from Pier 1 - and they're on sale right now! They'd look perfect in the guest room. We're in need of some new guest towels, and I'm thinking yellow would pop perfectly against our navy striped shower curtain. I've always had great luck with Threshold brand items and think they're a great bargain. As much as I'd love to drop big bucks on luscious bath towels, these more than get the job done for the time being. And finally, ever since I won a giveaway from Dream Green DIY, I've been obsessed with PaddyWax candles. I think the Mandarin Lavender Eco candle would be a perfect addition for the guest room. 

Where do you find your best bargains? Are you a clearance shelf ninja or an online shopping aficionado? 
Follow on Bloglovin

4 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful photo from your wedding!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's one of my absolute favorites from that day.

      Delete
  2. I love, love, love finding things for my home at Marshall's/TJ Maxx/Home Goods!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are the best -- I wish we had a Homegoods here, but our TJ Maxx is getting a face lift so I have high hopes :)

      Delete