Monday, July 21, 2014

Home Office

When we chose to rent a three bedroom home, I knew we wanted one guest room and one office. Sometimes L needs to work on things from home, and I prefer to pay bills/blog at a desk rather than the couch or bed. We both like more conservative furniture, and wanted his and her matching desks. I shared on Friday that I got these great desks at Target and love the way they look all set up. I have a long way to go in that room, but wanted to share the progress.
Logan's desk - his diploma (which didn't get hung at the apartment - sorry babe!), and a few go-to books and desk items. Now to straighten up those gross cables...
My desk. We stuck the filing cabinet under mine for now, and I hung my Sweet Briar china under my diploma. (And if you look close, there are three monograms on my desk alone... sorry I'm not sorry.)
I saw this sign at Hobby Lobby a few weeks ago and when I ducked in on Saturday, it was 50% off! I knew I wanted a red, white, and blue theme for the office (since it's also L's Army room) and this was perfection. I was so excited to snatch it up.
I also found this perfect fabric at Hancock Fabrics for a song. I knew it would be a perfect fit but that it would be too much by itself. So, my plan is to buy some cheap, white, twin sheets, and sew about 18 inches of this fabric to the bottom, for a patriotic color block. 

There is still a lot to do. I'd like a more aesthetic way to set up our printer, and we need at least 1 more book shelf. I'm thinking of investing in something similar to this so we can store odds and ends in fabric bins without the mess. (Thanks, Dream Green DIY for the idea!)

What do you think? Any ideas you'd like to share?
Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment: