Tuesday, July 08, 2014

Guest Bedroom

While L is gone, I plan on visiting lots and lots of thrift stores and yard sales in an effort to supplement our furniture as cheaply as possible. I'd love to go into Nashville or the newly opened Ashley Home Furniture in town and buy everything new, but unfortunately my "fun-employment" isn't allowing for that right now. I've been pinning lots of pins about how to clean mattresses, my Dad taught me how to strip, sand, and re-paint furniture, and my Mom taught me my flair for decorating, so I'm ready for the challenge. 

Here are some of my photos of inspiration as I'm shopping around:
I always worried that I need to find a set of bedside tables, but this room makes me realize that a room can look put together without two. I love the floor lamp in the corner, and the pops of color are eye catching without being overwhelming. 
I love, love, love this accent wall and wish so badly we could do something like this. (I might just do it anyways...) I'm not sure how I feel about the brown with the navy and orange, and I would probably do away with the desk, but I like the almost mis-matchy pillows and the interesting art pieces above the headboard. 
No matter what I end up doing decor wise, I will be on the lookout for these essentials to make sure my guests are comfy and cozy during their visit. And, of course, I'd love to get this all set up in time for B's visit next month!

What are your must haves for guest rooms?
Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see how you decorate it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A while ago I posted an upholstered headboard DIY...it was pretty simple and very cheap! I'm also a fan of just one nightstand, especially in a guest room! We currently only have one in our master bedroom, because of space restrictions and it works fine!

    Love that last print with all the essentials listed!

    ReplyDelete