Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Summer Hair Styles

So, I don't know about y'all, but although my heart belongs in the south, my hair does not. Sometimes it'll behave and I can get away with air drying and it won't frizz (and might actually form a few loose curls - gasp!) but 95% of the time, it's a frizzy, gross, mess. I spend too much time in the water, and have high-lighted my hair for years and years now, so I do my best to avoid blow-drying and straightening to avoid further damage.

I know many of the other bloggers I follow wash their hair every other day, and I'm also on that bandwagon. (Actually, I've gotten away with only washing every 2 days recently... but don't jinx it.) In the summer, I love to find ways to tie my hair back, off my neck (it's too hot to wear my hair down!), and something with texture to disguise some of the oil in my hair.

Here are some options I found that I love! (Most of them are from The Small Things Blog - who has amazing tutorials and photos and makes everything look like a piece of cake.) The fourth is from Pinterest and the link didn't work, so I apologize if the photo is yours!




I love this look - with the braid on top of the bun. It really dresses it up a little bit.



But, who can go wrong with a regular old messy bun? It can be casual, dressy - perfection every time!



I feel like my pony tails always look too athletic, but these braids (of course) add a little pizazz. Not rocket science, but a great addition.



I love love love this and made my sister help me with this lots when we were roommates, but I cannot french braid my own hair, much less upside down, and my husband is unwilling to learn for me. But, I'd wear my hair like this every single day if I could.

What are some of your favorite summer hairstyles? Do you opt for hair up? Or if you wear hair down, what are some of your favorite products to keep your tresses tamed?

2 comments:

  1. These are all really cute! I can't wait for my hair to be long enough for a ponytail again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just had layers added to my hair and these textured looks hide those a bit, which is nice. (My husband says this is haircut karma for the time I went to cut his hair and didn't put the guard on and poor LT got a buzz cut.)

      Delete