Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Easter

I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter weekend. I was able to experiment with my Dad's camera some over the weekend, to decide if it's an investment L and I want to make. (We also need at least one new laptop, but a camera would get so much usage, L has a great eye, and I think it'd really help me with my blogging goals.)

I wanted to share some of my favorite photos from going through my Grandmother's jewelry chest. She loved costume jewelry, and it was so fun going through her collection and remembering her impact on our lives. And honestly, accessories are all in how you wear them. These pieces have sentimental value, and let's not forget how Jackie O.'s famous three-strand pearls were fake all along! 
This is a box given to my Granny for her high school graduation in 1955. She kept her hankies in it - which was quite the extensive collection.
 This is just 1 drawer of 6 - you can see she had quite the collection of earrings. My cousins plucked a few of their favorite pairs and are going to fashion them into a brooch to wear around - how clever!
Granny loved chickens - and owned hundreds from jewelry to boxes to figurines. This brooch was so beautiful - it immediately stood out from the other items in the drawer.
Another beautiful brooch - that embroidery is so colorful.
Easily my favorite thing in the entire chest - my Granny loved my Pappy Ben so much and these earrings are so young and playful - just like their marriage was.

What are some of your favorite heirlooms? What has the most sentimental value?

2 comments: