Monday, February 24, 2014

Weekend Wrap-Up

What a weekend, folks! I tell you what - I think the usual Case of the Mondays sets in even worse when you parents leave and head back to their home 9 hours away. But, we had the best weekend - I couldn't have asked for better weather, food, or company.

I borrowed Dad's camera to play around a little bit, but of course, I forgot to get them off before giving the camera back :) But, Mom and I kicked off the weekend at the Commissary (the grocery store on post) and the Class 6 (the liquor store on post). We made a baked ziti Friday night and played Blokus (my parents are way too good and L kept ganging up on me!) and watched "Guilt Trip".



I had the lowest of expectations (the bar isn't set very high for Mr. Rogen) but it was surprisingly sweet! We really enjoyed it - and it's on Netflix!

Saturday we made cinnamon rolls in the waffle maker (oh my goodness - this was dynamite! - a definite Pinterest win) and went to post. We checked out L's office and Mom and I walked through the PX (Post exchange... it's like the Army Target) and Dad and L went to the post museum. We came back for lunch, and Mom and I went to Miss Lucille's. Mom found a great milk glass hobnail ice bucket and a small gift for my sister, while I came out empty handed. But, we stopped at Target on the way home and I found our bar! I got it all gussied up that night and will post photos soon! We grabbed dinner downtown, and settled in for movie #2 - this time it was "Stripes" in honor of the Army.

Sunday we took them to church then went to lunch with our "Best Army Friends" C and K. It was still such a beautiful day, so we decided to take Loola and head to Dunbar Cave State Park for a small hike. Loola did find on the trail, but was so excited to see all the people and other dogs, which got to be a little much. Not to mention when she noticed the ducks in the lake... (that's the black lab in her I guess!)

We made honey jalapeno chicken tenders (recipe adapted from The Splendid Table) on the grill for dinner with a pre-made salad and grilled zucchini and our friends C and M came over with their puppy Bailey to hang out for a while. And, because my family loves a good movie, we wrapped things up with "Mirror, Mirror."


Mom and Dad left this morning and I miss them already! But, it's back to the grind for me and L - including getting ready for a trip to Louisville this weekend! Hope you have a great Monday!




2 comments:

  1. I started watching "Guilt Trip" and haven't finished it yet, I liked it though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has a really cute ending - have you gotten to the eating challenge yet? It was easily my favorite scene in the whole movie.

      Delete