Saturday, December 07, 2013

Christmas Ornaments

Today, I was inspired by A Girl and Her Sparkles, and wanted to share with you some of my favorite Christmas ornaments. In August, I moved away from my hometown - the only place I had lived my whole life. Some look down on staying relatively local for college, but for me, it meant so much to go home when I wanted, and more importantly, for my parents to attend the vast majority of my swim meets in college. Last Christmas, with my move inevitable, my Mom and I began to split up some of the ornaments, although I'll be getting more this winter when we go home.

But, here are some of my favorites:

 
I've loved The Little Mermaid since I was little, and every year, my Mom gets me an Ariel Christmas ornament. Here are just (a few) of my favorites. (My husband groaned every time I put a new one up when we were decorating - there is no way I have less than a dozen of them.)


I had a  Sunday School teacher growing up, Miss Rosa, who would give us hand-stiched ornaments each here, and this one is my favorite. I can just feel the love radiating off of it when I hang it up.


Our United States Army ornament, of course. Even though I'm from a Navy family, and my husband isn't as "hooah" as some other Infantrymen, I'm still proud of his dedication to the Armed Forces and his willingness to fight for our country.


My Chung Mung baby, roommate, teammate, and one of my best college friends, KMS, gave this to me for Christmas my senior year. We lived together that year - in "Club 1-C" - and had entirely too much fun. I couldn't have asked for a better friend at Sweet Briar, and even though she caught our oven on fire trying to cook once, and knew I was going to tap her before tapping even happened, I love her to bits and this ornament reminds me of that great year.

What are some of your favorite ornaments? 

XO - Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment