Sunday, December 08, 2013

Married Holiday Traditions

So, this is my first holiday season married, and my first holiday season away from home and my family. My family has some traditions, but I'm excited to start some new ones with L in our new home in Tennessee.

First, I'd love to create the tradition of buying a fresh Christmas tree the day after Thanksgiving. I'd much rather spend my Black Friday with my family and decorating my Christmas tree than fight the crowds. This year we bought a pre-cut tree at Home Depot, but eventually I'd love to cut down our own tree as well. And, if this means that we host Thanksgiving in the future, I don't think I'd hate it...


In our new hometown, they decorate the riverfront with Christmas lights. I'd love to take a night, grab some warm drinks, bundle up, and mosey along while we take in the beautiful sight.



And, of course, I can't wait to spend another year enjoying my family's Christmas traditions with L, including bowling and Chinese Hamburger with Uncle Keith on Christmas Eve, 24 Hours of a Christmas Story, our church's midnight candle light service, and monkey bread on Christmas morning.

What are some of your traditions?



4 comments:

  1. I just moved in with my boyfriend in May so this is our first Christmas together too. It is a weird feeling not being with your family. I do love all the new traditions that are getting started though. Just started following you via GFC! Can't wait to see what else you post!

    Angi@ cantbuymelovvve.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww I love this post! I am recently engaged so I am excited to start creating our own traditions. We aren't putting up a Christmas tree this year because we are out of town for 2 weeks in December. I've never had a live tree but I would love to have one someday!
    www.amemoryofus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Walking the riverfront bundled up with hot chocolate sounds perfect!

    ReplyDelete