Thursday, December 05, 2013

To move or not to move...?

We live in a great apartment, and so close to base. Our apartment has good square footage, and we have a pool, fitness center, and the entire complex is very well maintained. The rent is OK - a little high for a one bedroom, one bath - and we thought water and sewer was included, but it's just billed on our rent every month.

But, we have next to no storage. L and I have to share a closet, and the coat closet is dedicated to his Army gear. We have boxes every where because we can't tuck them away anywhere, and it would be very nice to have a second bedroom or at least a second bathroom.

Our lease will be up the end of June, and part of me wants to explore options - living on base, renting a house, looking at renting a townhouse? (We do know that buying isn't an option - not with moving in 3 years - or less - on the table.) Part of me wants more space, a yard to just let Loola out and not have to walk her, and more closets. But the other part of me remembers that I've moved 7 times since May of 2010 - and isn't ready to do it again.

What do you think we should do?

Questions from my last post:
Ally from Life As I Know It asked if my $100 allowance really was enough spending money for the month. We find that it is - my husband gets $100 and I get $100. When we go out to eat, we tally that in our "food" budget for the month. We have a budget for gas, and if it looks like we're closing in on that cap, then we know we won't be running into Nashville. So, that $100 genuinely is our individual fun money. I hope this helps, Miss A!

XO - C

1 comment:

  1. I think $100 is perfect! I'm against spending tons of money since it tends to just be on junk most people throw out in a few months. Closet storage is a bummer but so is moving! Can't wait to hear your solution! :)

    AJ | TheAJMinute

    ReplyDelete