Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Wedding Wednesday!

Only 248 days until the wedding! It feels like it's going to take forever to get here, but I know it'll be here before I know it.

Wedding planning had stalled a little with Logan unsure about his training schedule. But I decided to move ahead with some things so I wouldn't be too swamped come January when official orders come through.


  1. I have officially received confirmation from all of my bridesmaids! Although one of my gifts got lost in the mail (Boo!) they all received a navy blue box with their initial on the front in coral. The inside had some navy Kate Spade earrings (like these but in navy), some Essie nail polish, and a note about why I'd like for them to be my bridesmaid. 
  2. I sent out an update email to the bridesmaids catching them up on what's already been done, sending them a stock photo of my dress (not one of me wearing it), and what I'm thinking for their bridesmaid dresses.
  3. We officially have a pastor to officiate! We confirmed last night and he's even willing to work with us and let Logan do pre-marital counseling via Skype since he's in training. We'll be reading "Saving Your Marriage Before It Starts" and will do our first session when Logan's in town on leave for the holiday.
  4. I've been pricing outdoor dance floors since our venue doesn't have one, and obviously I'm in the wrong business. I should just buy an outdoor dance floor and rent it out! The cheapest I've found is at Aztec and it's still going to be a pretty penny. I worked off of a formula that said for every guest you have, you should have 2.5 sq. ft. of dance floor. For our projected guest list, that gives us a dance floor that's 18'x18'. That's before we even get into taxes, delivery fees, and set up fees.

Both of our parents scoffed a little when we told them our budget would be $10,000 - they thought it was too high - but I don't think they realized how much things cost now a days! Now, I'll admit that we knew we were in for some higher prices when we wanted a 5 o'clock wedding - dinners aren't cheap - but it's the vision we both had and not one we were willing to compromise.

There are still many decisions to be made, but the biggest ones hinge on Logan's official orders. So, I'm in a holding pattern until then!

Hope everyone has a wonderful Hump Day!

XX - C

No comments:

Post a Comment