Wednesday, December 05, 2012

Stressing Out

It's this time of year that I wonder why the heck I have my hands in so many pots.

Graduate school. Planning a wedding. Working full time (in a position that doesn't limit itself to the normal 40 hour work week). Volunteering at church. Coaching.

It all feels like too much. I'm the first to admit that I hate to be bored and always need something going on, but I also think I'm great about admitting when I've bitten off more than I could chew.

With work being crazy (it is application reading season!), finals glooming on the horizon, wedding planning at a frustrating halt (thanks a lot, Army), and the holiday season in full swing, there just aren't enough hours in the day.

When my schedule gets like this, I try to remind myself to take one thing at a time. Usually, tasks don't take nearly as long as I think they will, and I blow through my to-do list in no time. By focusing my energies on one thing, I can also make sure I'm giving it 100%, which means no having to go back and make any tweeks later on. I also try to take a little me time to veg out - 5 minutes here to take a walk outside, a 30 minute cat nap, and extra 5 minutes in the shower to let that hot water soak right down to your bones.

How do you usually deal with stress?

XX - C

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sweet comment, Catherine! You inspired ME with it because you're so right - I think God slows me down A LOT to appreciate things I would not appreciate when I move at such a fast pace! I cannot wait to catch up with reading your blog! It's ALWAYS a treat to "meet" other Virginia bloggers!!!

    I love to take walks to de-stress too!

    xo Claire

    ReplyDelete