Monday, August 25, 2014

Monday Meal Plan

I like to spend my weekends meal planning for the week, then grocery shopping on Sunday afternoons so we have everything we need. (Sometimes I'll leave out produce we'll need for meals later in the week to make sure they don't spoil before I use them.) Here is my meal plan for this coming week -- keeping in mind that Saturday may change because of Labor Day.

All recipes with "*" after the description came from this month's Real Simple magazine, featuring 20 recipes that can be prepared and cooked in only 20 minutes. I haven't quite gotten into a work routine yet, so being able to whip up a quick dinner is going to be ideal until I find what works for our schedule. 

You can find Monday, Wednesday, and Friday's recipes here. Tuesday, L is on his own since I have a few meetings that evening on post. Thursday we're going to try this veggie pasta, and Saturday try this chicken tender recipe

By my estimates, here is what these dinners cost us:
Monday: $2.97/serving (2 servings - I already had salmon and olive oil on hand, got red potatoes instead of fingerling, and eliminated the olives from the recipe.)
Tuesday: $2.18/serving (1 serving)
Wednesday: $5.32/serving (2 servings - We still need to get goat cheese, so this is preliminary. We already had red wine vinegar, unsalted butter, honey, and olive oil on hand.)
Thursday: $1.98/serving (2 servings - We're eliminating the pine nuts from this recipe, already had olive oil on hand.)
Friday: $8.21/serving (2 servings - we already had onion and rice vinegar on hand. We still need oyster sauce so this is preliminary.)
Saturday: $1.11/serving (5 servings - We still need to get cheese crackers, and already had olive oil, eggs, dijon mustard, flour and paprika on hand.)

What do you think? Do any of these sound good to you? Do you have any other recommendations for quick and easy suppers?

2 comments:

  1. YUM! Everything sounds great. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The salmon was DELISH. And took less than 20 minutes to make. I highly recommend that one!

      Delete