Tuesday, August 19, 2014

August Favorites

Here are a few things that I have kept in circulation so far this August! Yes - I know the month is only half over - but these were too good to not share!
My sister picked up this book before her visit and left it for me to read when she went home. I haven't been able to put it down! It's an easy and entertaining read about a young guy in California working in a peculiar bookstore. Definitely worth checking out if you like books with an air of mystery. 
I bought my Essential Oils starter kit a few weeks ago and love to diffuse them all over the house (and use the oils for everything from better sleep to healing cuts and bruises). Joy has been my favorite so far - it has a floral scent and it relaxes me while I'm running around getting chores done around the house.
Now, my grandmother had more cast iron skillets than one could ever need, but none managed to make the trip to Tennessee with me. So, when in Pigeon Forge last month I picked up one of my own. Working hard to season it, I've been using it constantly. How did I ever cook delicious food without one?!

What's been on your radar recently? Any things I should work into my life?

4 comments:

  1. Oh how I love my cast iron skillet, it is my favorite kitchen utensil.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mother and grandmother cook with theirs all the time - how did I go this long without my own?

      Delete
  2. just read that book and LOVED it!!

    ReplyDelete