Friday, March 08, 2013

Wedding!

So, my motivation to wedding plan ebbs and flows. The uncertainty of the date - or if the wedding will take place at all - gets me down sometimes. I know we'll have a nice ceremony despite what happens with the Army, but it would be my dream to have my loved ones there with me. I get so sad to think that it would have to be just immediate family.

But, I've decided to plan along as if everything will take place in August, and will hope for the best. I began working backwards from the wedding date to make sure things are done in a timely manner. To try and spread out costs, I'm aiming to buy one item for my bridesmaids gifts per month. Last month, in a Marley Lilly flash sale, I got them each a monogrammed tote:

Usually $19.99, I got them each for $13.99 each - all navy blue with coral monograms (the wedding colors.)

I'm a preppy fanatic, but my maids all have different tastes. I don't want to get them things just for the sake of them having it, and I definitely don't want to spend my money on something they won't want/use, so I'm trying to personalize their bags as much as possible.

I do, however, want to get them the jewelry they'll wear with their dresses. We're shopping for dresses this weekend, but I'd love to see them in something like this:


I think the navy would look great with gold jewelry, and I'm playing around with the following options for accessories:
This simple, understated initial necklace

This Solitary Tiny Disk Charm necklace

Or this Gold Fill Curved Bar necklace


Any good recommendations or other things to add? They're all just so different!




1 comment:

  1. I love the first necklace, it's simple and elegant. :) I know what you mean about possibly having a small wedding because of the Army. We had 11 people at ours.

    ReplyDelete