Thursday, March 14, 2013

156 Days 'til Wedding Day!

My Wednesday got out of control, but I was inspired by all the wedding posts on my reading list (like Fried Green Pickles and Champagne & Mason Jars) that I wanted to do a quick update for myself. (Also, this secretly helps to keep me on task and wrap my head around things I need to do.)
  1. Now that my tax return is here, I need to pay off and pick up our wedding bands. They're both very simple - Logan's is brushed white gold and mine is a plain white gold band that's the same width as my engagement ring. (I didn't really want a band with stones in it.) I do want to get Logan's engraved, but am still debating on what to put. Did any of you engrave a special message on the inside?
  2. I think I've picked out necklaces for my bridesmaids, but I need to see which dress we pick this weekend before I purchase them. Luckily, they're from Stella & Dot, and my sister is hosting a party on the 23rd, so I can help her out while ordering! 
  3. We've begun the ordering process for our invitations. The designer is working on the proof now, we'll get her our final list by April 3, and that'll give her time to get them printed, let me address them, and drop them in the mail by early May for their 3 month in advance arrival time :) Perfection.
  4. I need to find stamps! I want personalized stamps badly - any advice on where to order them? I don't want to put a photo of Logan and I on it - just keep it in theme with the wedding.

Logan dropped a bomb on me yesterday though. Apparently the cadre let them know that not everyone will go straight from IBOLC to Ranger School right away. Since there are so many of them, some may have to wait for a second wave. And they don't know when that second wave would even be. Awesome, right?

That means that this is now the game plan: If he goes in the first wave, we'll still aim for an August wedding. If he doesn't go in the first wave, we contemplate bumping the wedding way up. Other than springing it on our guests last minute and missing out on bridal showers, the only real hang up would be bridesmaid dresses. My dress should be in soon, the venue will be accommodating with date changes, and entertainment hasn't even been booked yet.

And the dentist wonders why I grind my teeth at night? I only have a little bit on my mind...

So, please keep your fingers crossed that things work out OK. I don't do well with changes on the fly, so this is truly a test of my patience and how long I can refrain from morphing into Bridezilla!

1 comment:

  1. Everything will work out exactly like it's supposed to! :)

    ReplyDelete