Friday, March 01, 2013

Friday Letters

Boy, this week was bittersweet. On one hand, it feels as though it flew by, and on the other, I didn't think it was ever going to end. Being back at work was great - especially coming in with the motivation I got from my appointments late last week - but I am 100% burnt out right now.

Logan and I celebrated being together for a year. The long-distance thing was particularly hard this week, hitting such a milestone and not being able to see one another. It was doubly hard that he had his second Op Order this week which monopolized his time - not that he could help it.

Bonnie and I vowed to get our finances in order, and we're doing our best with the help of Mint.com. It picks up on all of our credit cards, debit cards, and student loans and organizes it for us. It helps us to set a budget for various categories so we see exactly where our money is going. Today was a clean slate for me and I hope I can stick to it!

So, with all of this in mind, here are my Friday letters:

Dear Army - Please stop hogging my fiance. Take it easy on that ruck march tomorrow and don't let him be TOO pooped when we actually get to see each other next weekend!

Dear Duke - It pains me to watch away games this season! And I'm more and more anxious for the Carolina game coming up at Carolina - I have a feel it's not going to be pretty! Can we at least beat Miami at home Saturday?

Dear Travel - Please go smoothly tomorrow - I have a lot going on this trip and would love for everything to fall into place perfectly! (Please and thank you.)

Dear Co-Workers - Thank you for being so great. It means the world that I can come to you with my problems - personal and professional - and have you be there for me!

Dear Student Assistant - I'd be lost without you. You are a God send.

I travel all next week, but I'll do my best to bring you highlights from the road!

Happy Weekend!

XX


1 comment:

  1. Happy 1 year!!! :) Glad you get to see your fiance next weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete