Monday, January 07, 2013

New week - a fresh start!

So, Logan is back in the field this week. It's always tough when I don't get to speak to him for days on end, but lucky for me he always comes back on the weekends. I won't be able to say the same thing come time for Ranger school...

So, I have a few resolutions I'd love to stick to this week:

1. Work out every day - I have to get back in shape and soon - my wedding dress gets here in 6 weeks and counting! There is zero time to lose. See below for my workout plan for today.

2. Eat right - I did well this morning, ate a little much at lunch (I should've stopped when I was full!) but I have healthy snacks packed for this afternoon and have been drinking lots of water.

3. Bring some work home with me at night - it's a busy time in the office and if I can bring a small amount of work home with me I'll make my life MUCH easier in a month or so. Plus, it wouldn't hurt to bank up the comp time!

4. Move for 5 minutes every hour. I set an alarm on my phone and for a few minutes do this routine:

  • 10 calf raises - slowly getting up on my tip toes and lowering myself back down
  • 10 squats - letting my butt JUST touch my office chair and standing back up again
  • 10 leg raises - balancing myself on my desk, move my right leg directly back and into the air 10 times, then doing the same with my left
  • 10 arm circles - rotating 10 forward then 10 backward
  • 10 arm raises - moving my fists from my shoulders straight up past my head
  • I bend over, touch my toes, and take some deep breaths
  • I run anything that needs taken down to our garden level downstairs, get a quick change of scenery, and fill up my water bottle at the cooler
It's helping me to focus on my work for the time I'm at my desk, and helping me keep my blood moving during the day. I've noticed I'm not nearly as fatigued today as I usually am at this time, too!


So here is my workout plan for this evening:

  • 30 minutes of cardio on the elliptical machine - doing the weight loss program - it's full of intervals and the short duration keeps me motivated to work hard without losing steam
  • This weight circuit from Women's Health Magazine:
  • I'll do 10 of each exercise with weights between 20-25 lbs three times through
This should give me some cardio, get my heart pumping, and do some all over work with these total body exercises. It shouldn't take me very long to knock out and should leave me feeling great!

And now, for what I wore today:
Red scarf, Target, Black top, Old Navy, Black cardigan, New York and Co, Gray pants, New York and Co, Black flats, Payless

Today's stacks are brought to you by my sister's jewelry box! But in all fairness, it's so easy to grab one or two of these every time we duck into the Outlet stores or when there's a good sale online! All are Kate Spade. You can find a huge variety here!

 The earrings are from a local boutique - I'm not sure of the brand.

Stay posted on more on how I do with my goals this week!



1 comment:

  1. These are all wonderful goals...especially to move for 5 minutes every hour. :)

    ReplyDelete