Monday, November 19, 2012

Weekend Recap

Last week was incredibly stressful and I made myself sick over things going wrong. I was overwhelmed with school work that I hadn't gotten to because of the move, was behind on work in Admissions, tons of personal errands that kept piling up, and with Logan out of town, the reality of him leaving for Ft. Benning so soon began to sink in.

When I get stressed, I tend to get migraines. I keep Excedrin on me at all times, but it became unbearable by Thursday. I took the afternoon off and all day Friday to give myself some time to breathe. I spent Thursday afternoon unpacking and finishing up a big paper for school. Friday was full of errands - new tires for my car, a hair appointment, wrapping up big registry items, and getting cable set up at the apartment - and to relax, I cooked Logan, my roommates, and I dinner. Just a simple filet mignon and some garlic parmesan green beans. As a surprise, I ordered some cake pops from the girl we're hoping will do our wedding. Logan wanted to try them before he left town, so I got them for dessert to try. They were perfection and we're excited to talk to her about a wedding order!


Saturday, Logan and I had engagement photos on campus -- I cannot wait to see how they turn out! The photographer is a family friend and I was excited to show off my outfits. I found two precious dresses on sale at a local boutique, Gladiola Girls, and was so excited to wear them! Saturday night Logan and I walked downtown for dinner at Robin Alexander - one of the last things on his bucket list to do before leaving Lynchburg.

Sunday we went to church to hear Dad play in the bell choir, cleaned up the apartment, and I had a study group for school. To save some time this morning, I packed my lunch last night and prepped dinner for tonight! (I cooked the chicken and mixed it together with the cheese. All I'll have to do post yoga tonight is place in the croissants and pop in the oven. They'll be done by the time I'm done showering.)

Overall, it was a great weekend. But I AM ready for a long weekend! 

XX - C

No comments:

Post a Comment