Friday, November 30, 2012

Christmas Traditions

Don't worry - we'll be setting up our REAL tree this weekend. This was just our place holder :)

I love-love-love Christmas time! I just cannot get enough of any of it - it is seriously the high light of my whole year. My family is big on traditions and I wanted to share some of those with you today.

The season starts off with photos with Santa! My birthday is the 16th, and since my first birthday, I've gone to see Santa on my birthday - at least then we know what day it was and can usually figure out our ages. Here are a few samples:

Back in the golden days when I was an only child ;)

My 21st Birthday

Last year's photo before dinner in town 

Next, my sister and I always open each other presents on Christmas Eve. I think we started that forever ago just because we were too anxious to wait until Christmas morning :) Then she and I slumber party somewhere. We usually to stay in the TV room in the basement because Mom and Dad needed to unload presents in peace, but now we can crash down there and watch 24 Hours of "A Christmas Story" until we fall asleep.

We always go to the 11 o'clock service at church, we call it the Midnight service, and we always sit with our friends we grew up in the church with. (We are usually punchy and get in trouble with our parents for goofing off.

And on Christmas morning, Bonnie usually wakes us all up before 7:30 and the kids open their presents from Santa before rotating around the room and giving the parents a turn. While we're unwrapping, Mom is usually popping the  monkey bread and breakfast casserole in the oven before we head to church for a late lunch/early dinner with the community.

What sorts of traditions do you have?

XX - C



No comments:

Post a Comment