Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Weekend Re-Cap

This weekend was so busy - I feel like I didn't stop for 72 straight hours.

Friday I took the day off from work to move into our new apartment. Although Bonnie and I thought we were ready to go and the move wouldn't be too intensive, we were very wrong. All the packing we thought would give us a head start moved quickly and we were left looking at ALL the stuff that was left. However, the new apartment is amazing and we'll be all settled soon.

Friday night we had a home swim meet versus Washington & Lee University. Both teams did an incredible job - I was so proud of all of our girls - and W&L was amazing as usual.

I had intended on sleeping in on Saturday, but of course Logan and I were wide awake by 7:30, so we ate brunch at Market on Main. Nothing helps you feel better on a Saturday where you have to go into work than some sweet potato pancakes and a big mug of coffee :) Logan came to the meet with me and we headed back to the apartment right after for our engagement party!


My sister, the Maid of Honor, my oldest cousin (another bridesmaid), and my Mom did an amazing job on the food and it was wonderful to celebrate with everyone!

Saturday night low key, just enjoying a movie with Logan and doing a little more unpacking.

Sunday was Open House at work, so Logan and I slept in, grabbed another load from the old apartment to bring to the new one, and I was off to campus. I was there until early evening, and headed home to help settle the new apartment some more.

It was a busy weekend - and I woke up this morning in the same position I fell asleep in - but it was one where I realized how lucky I was and how many people I have in my life that love me. I went to sleep feeling so very blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment