Thursday, November 15, 2012

Gift Guides Galore! Sister and Fiance Edition

It seems we've reached that point in the year where gift guides are everywhere! Just today via email I've received Kate Spade's and Lilly Pulitzer's. My birthday is the 16th of December, so I've always been sensitive to "gift lumping" - where people buy you one present that is meant for your birthday AND Christmas. (I always felt it was a little bit of a cop out, but those closest to me do a good job of make sure my gifts are separate... and that my birthday gift isn't wrapped in Christmas paper!) This year, with my engagement still fairly new and the wedding next summer, I charged Bonnie, my maid of honor, to ensure my Christmas and birthday gifts weren't all wedding gifts. (I'm pinching all my pennies, and if I can't indulge in the clothes and tid-bits I'd usually buy, I want them for the holidays!)

Since Bonnie and I are obsessed with Google Docs, we started a running list a while ago with gift ideas, and I thought I'd share a little more about what I'm thinking for various family members.

My sister's style is a little more adventurous than mine, but still relatively preppy and classic. She's an avid reader but not a huge techie. Here is what made her list:




I have a couple ideas going on for Logan so far. He has great style already, and I hate feeling like one of those girls buying clothes for their significant other to change them into the person they want. Plus, he's a big fan of practical presents. So here's what's at the top of my list:

I bought him a shirt from Ralph Lauren this summer and he loves it. It's already so soft and it's a great dressier alternative to an old college tshirt. 

He's a big fan of a good whiskey, so I thought a decanter would be a great grown-up addition to an apartment, etched with an "S" of course for Springer.

Of course a long-distance relationship won't be easy, and there will be lots of traveling in our future, so who wouldn't need a good toiletry bag to keep the essentials in order?

Stay tuned for my ideal gifts and what I'm thinking for Mom and Dad!



No comments:

Post a Comment