Thursday, March 13, 2014

Pop Sugar Must Have Box

A few years ago, I discovered these monthly subscription programs that would send you a box monthly with samples in it. I think probably the most popular one out there is Birch Box. There are so many more out there, like Bark Box (for our furry friends!), that Real Simple even did a short article about their favorites last month.

My sister got a Birch Box subscription last year for Christmas, and was under-whelmed by what she was getting. We both had high expectations, and found the majority of the time, she was getting small samples that she could've just gotten through cosmetic counters at the mall or by making a small purchase at Sephora or Ulta. I follow Chic on the Cheap on Tumblr, and she kept posting about her POPSUGAR Must Have boxes. $40 each, they're a little on the more expensive side, but for the most part, the package contained more than $100 worth of items! 

My Mother in Law got me a 3 month subscription for Christmas, and January and February's boxes were OK. I had high hopes (I think that's where I always go wrong!) and the boxes were a fun surprise, and I got a few things I really loved, but March's box blew me away! Here is a breakdown of what it contained:

  • A Brokedown Blue Ikat Scarf - suggested retail: $72 - designed exclusively for POPSUGAR Must Have subscribers
  • Jurlique Herbal Recovery Advanced Serum - suggested retail: $27 - more cosmetics to try out as Old Man Winter makes his exit? Count me in.
  • Dogeared Lucky Horseshoe Make a Wish Necklace - suggested retail: $30 - I've been wanting one of these for a while - delicate, gold, simple - right up my alley. 
  • Baublebar Elephant Ring Tree - suggested retail: $12 - please believe me when I say I would've paid for this month's box just for this item. I am ob-sessed. I mean look at it!
  • Activeforever Fusion Exercise Ball - suggested retail: $10 - I've been needing a new one, and one in pink? Thank you very much!
  • Harvest Snaps Snapea Crisps - suggested retail: $2 - I love snap peas, love potato chip alternatives, this is a win-win!
  • Nature's Bakery All Natural Strawberry Fig Bars - Yum yum yum!
So for those of you keeping score at home, that's a total suggested retail value of $153, excluding the fact there's a scarf unavailable for purchase to the general public, and coupons in the bottom of the box for discounts on more goodies!

My verdict? Worth the investment. If anything, you get to spoil yourself a little bit each month! 

And don't worry - I didn't forget about my big surprise - there will be more about it soon, promise!

Happy Thursday!
 

1 comment:

  1. amazing!! I have hear amazing things about PopSugar...I may need to get a subscription.

    ReplyDelete