Wednesday, March 05, 2014

Big Changes

Today is a bittersweet day. As many of you know, I'm a little bit obsessed with my alma mater, Sweet Briar College. I started my college search there in 2004, applied in 2005, enrolled in 2006, graduated in 2010, began working there in 2010, and have been there ever since. For 10 years, this place has shaped me into the woman I am today. I am articulate, smart, confident, outspoken, and fear (next to) nothing. But, today, it was officially announced to my office that I will be leaving at the end of this recruiting cycle.

This first job has taught me so, so much, and I can't even begin to thank everyone I've worked with, grown with, and had the opportunity to meet through this amazing position. I get the spread the Sweet Briar love to amazing young ladies all over the country day in and day out, and to see them make my campus their own really humbles me.

I don't quite know what my next step is going to be. I'll job search here in Tennessee (and trust me, I already have a game plan - more on that tomorrow!) but not until I return from my last week in the office in May. March and April are a full court press in the Admissions world, and I can't afford to divide my attention. So, I'll set up a foundation now so when May gets here, I'll be a top prospect.

Thanks so much, Sweet Briar, for changing my life. 



2 comments: