Thursday, March 20, 2014

Health & Wellness Update

So, I haven't totally fallen off the Weight Watcher's bandwagon, but I am barely hanging on. I wasn't getting anything out of my meetings - I was easily the youngest person there by at least 10 years - and the leader spent more time filling us in on her life than going over tips and tricks, which was frustrating. 

I didn't see the value in spending the $50 a month for meetings I dreaded going to, so I scaled back and do it online only now. I had a 20% off coupon for Bed, Bath, and Beyond and invested in the Weight Watchers scale, and track online and weigh myself at home. Less accountability, but I'm honestly getting more help and information from the website than I was from the meetings.

My weight loss has stalled, but I have been running consistently for the last four weeks now, so I know that a lot of that is my fat turning back into muscle. And, I've been less disciplined with cheating on the road, which isn't helping.

I had two friends complete the Disney Princess Half Marathon a few weeks ago, and they inspired me to train for a half marathon as well! There aren't any around here that I could actually compete in when I'd finish the training program, which scared me at first since I usually need some sort of motivation. But honestly, I've finally gotten to the place where running is a release for me, a chance to clear my mind, and I've been sticking with it even without a race to look forward to. (And it helps me to justify that stress eating just a little bit...)





I'm going hot yoga on Saturday with CJ and cannot wait! It's been a long time and I can't wait to sweat sweat sweat! What are your favorite ways to cross train? Or any good stretching resources? 

Have a great Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment