Tuesday, February 05, 2013

Terrific Tuesday!

I hope everyone's week is off to as good of a start as mine!

My alarm was bumped up 15 more minutes this week, as per my new sleep resolution, so wake-ups are coming at 6:15 now. Still not too bad - I have time now to run to the YMCA in the mornings and get a quick 30 minute cardio session in. Not the worlds most thorough workout, but better than nothing, right?

Yesterday I ran for 30 minutes doing intervals - 2 minutes at a strong pace, 2 minutes at an uncomfortable pace, 1 minute walking. All at a 1% incline - I read once that it helps simulate outdoor running better.

This morning I just did 30 minutes on the elliptical, high intensity, high incline. Boring, but effective.

I'm still doing no-screen-time after 9 PM (and aiming for a 10 PM bedtime... I'm a Granny), and it's going well! I even pulled it off on Sunday with the Super Bowl. I really feel like I sleep better. Getting my bags packed, lunch put together, my pent up feelings journaled, and some pleasure reading in -- I go to bed with far less on my mind than I usually do.

I had a wildly productive day yesterday and ended the day with Moe's Monday with Bonnie and Em and grocery shopping. (We always meal plan as a group and head out buying the bare minimum - no useless snacks lying around, no food going bad, no need to munch when we're bored! Emily is also a coupon-er, which helps us save even more money.)


Leftovers = instant lunch the next day!

I have a crazy week ahead of me, but I'm trying to find time to get to my parents house and see this doll baby:


My parents got a Border Collie - Maggie May - and she is so cute. I just want to play with her all the time! It makes me antsy to get married and adopt a dog with Logan :)

I hope everyone has a good rest of the day! Sorry there isn't much exciting going on - soon - I promise!


2 comments:

  1. I love that cute pup, I would be trying to visit her too! I need to learn from your grocery shopping planning...I have been spending too much and throwing out too much! Or just making trips everyday which is equally as bad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I miss Moe's! I love their queso. Maggie May is absolutely adorable, love her. :) Hope you have a wonderful Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete