Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Thanksgiving Holiday

 

So, today I am off from work, and I'm spending the day prepping for tomorrow and getting some errands done. I've already grocery shopped - and Publix was eerily quiet considering - and have gotten some laundry done. I plan to do some Christmas shopping this afternoon and hope to straighten up my office some.

I have to admit - I have committed the ultimate southern girl crime - I powered through about 75% of our wedding thank yous within a few weeks of the wedding and then lost all steam. So, many many thank yous haven't been mailed yet. I'm hoping that "better late than never" applies for thanks yous, and I'm sending out the rest this weekend. Just in time to start holiday cards next week :) My husband will be thrilled. 

Tomorrow we're doing a Friendsgiving. The original plan was to travel to South Bend to spend the holiday with the in-laws, but flights returning from Afghanistan means L has to stay here and work periodically over the weekend. I'm nervous about tacking some traditional dishes, but our friends are cooking the turkey, so at least there's no worries there :) And hey, spending Thanksgiving here away from family is a small price to pay so that someone who has been deployed for several months can spend some much needed time with their family.

I hope everyone has a good day!

XO - C

No comments:

Post a Comment